Everyone has heard of a diaper cake, but have you heard about a DIY diaper cake basket? I made a diaper cake basket that can also serve as an event centerpiece and gift to the mom-to-be.
DIY Diaper Cake Basket
DIY Diaper Cake Supplies:
- Diapers (size 1 or 2 work best for this project)
- Extruded Styrofoam Wreath
- Ribbon (to wrap the foam wreath)
- Gift Basket Crinkled Paper
- Wide ribbon to tie around the diaper base of the basket.
- Wilton 12 Inch Silver Cake Platter
DIY Diaper Cake Basket Instructions
1. Roll up each diaper individually and tie with a rubber band. Make enough to go around the perimeter of the cake platter. Then group them by three, tie with a rubber band. Keep doing this with all of them. Then, attached all the pieces together to make a circle.
2. Use ribbon to hide the rubber bands. Tie a bow at the front and embellish with your choice of decor. I used an elephant because it fit the theme of the shower and his nursery. Use pins to secure the ribbon along the way.
3. Cut the styrofoam wreath in half and wrap with your ribbon of choice. Secure with pins or hot glue.
4. Pin the foam to the top of the diapers on the side or push a dowel through the base and into the foam. (Push them upward through the diaper and into the base of the foam).
5. Fill the middle of the basket with crinkled paper.
Word of Warning: Don’t pick the basket up by the handle. Transport it only by holding the base.
What do you think about the diaper cake basket? What creative gift ideas do you make for baby showers?